Wednesday, June 20, 2012

in which this keeps things in perspective

The hardest I have to work for my food these days is to drive to the grocery store, make the purchase, travel home, unload purchased groceries and then decide how to put it together for a meal.

When the pots and pans pile up and the day is strung together with one dirty dish after another, I must remember to give thanks for the food which caused the dirty dishes. I must humbly remember that this is not the way most people on this planet and that I did not struggle to feed my family.

A plant-based diet has its challenges, but none to equal this.

Today, if you have food on your plate, would you give thanks with me for our Creator and pray for the people in Niger and other drought-ravaged countries?

No comments:

Post a Comment